Professional services with a personal touch.

« Your Tax Filing Extension Option at Tax Deadline Time | Main | Where's My Refund? »


Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit

If you paid someone to care for a person in your household last year so that you could work or look for work, you may qualify for the Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit.

Child care giverGenerally, to be eligible you must have paid someone to care for your children under age 13, or a dependent or a spouse who is physically or mentally incapable of self-care. You must also have earned income and, if married, your spouse must also have earned income.

The credit is worth between 20% and 35% of your allowable expenses depending upon the amount of your income.  Your allowable expenses are limited to $3,000 if you paid for the care of one qualifying person or up to $6,000 if you paid for the care of two or more.

You must include the name, address and taxpayer identification number of your care provider on your tax return.  Click here to read more information about this tax credit.


Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

RSS Feed

Welcome from Scott McRuer
& the McRuer CPAs Team

Scott McRuer
Learn more about Scott

Follow Scott and his team on your favorite social media

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube